Anantnag, June 18: Two militants and an army man have been killed in an ongoing encounter between government forces and militants in Marhama Sangam village of Bijbehara belt in South Kashmir’s Anantnag district on Tuesday
An official confirmed to KNO that two militants have been killed while as operation is underway in the area
He said that identity of killed militants is being ascertained while as sources said that the killed militants are believed to be locals belonging to Jaish Mohammad outfit. An army man was also killed while two others were injured during exchange of fire, he said.
Earlier on receiving specific inputs about the presence of militants in the area joint team of forces including 3 RR, CRPF and SOG launched search operation in the area, official said
On intensifying the search operation towards the suspected spot, hiding militants fired upon forces which was retaliated triggering gunfight, he said.
Meanwhile, as a precautionary measure, internet services have been snapped in Anantnag district.
Courtesy: (KNO)
You may also like
-
Shaukat Nawaz Mir Yet to Be Produced Before Court, Family Denied Access Since Arrest, JKJAAC Says
-
PML-N Leads PaJK Elections Amid Boycott, Rigging Allegations, Violence and Major Political Upsets
-
Muzaffarabad Shuts Down as Clashes and Roadblocks Disrupt Election-Day Movement
-
Civilian Death Toll in PaJK Protests Rises Above 87 as Two More Killed
-
At Least 37 Civilians Killed by Pakistani Security Forces in PaJK in Two Days