The death toll in the violence in northeast Delhi has risen to 53 even though normalcy is returning.
Till now, the maximum 44 deaths have been reported from the Guru Teg Bahadur (GTB) Hospital which is in the vicinity of these areas.
GTB Hospital’s Medical Director Sunil Kumar said: “Most of the deceased were young, as they fell in the age group between 20 to 40. Out of the 44 dead, only one is female.”
He also said that 298 patients have been treated so far at the hospital.
Three deaths have been reported from Lok Nayak Hospital, one from Jag Parvesh Chander Hospital and five from Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital.
The violence which hit the national capital for over three days started on February 24 as a clash between groups supporting and opposing the new Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA), and then took on a communal hue.
Two Special Investigation Teams (SITs) have been constituted under the Delhi Police’s Crime Branch to carry out an investigation into it.
You may also like
-
Shaukat Nawaz Mir Yet to Be Produced Before Court, Family Denied Access Since Arrest, JKJAAC Says
-
PML-N Leads PaJK Elections Amid Boycott, Rigging Allegations, Violence and Major Political Upsets
-
Muzaffarabad Shuts Down as Clashes and Roadblocks Disrupt Election-Day Movement
-
Civilian Death Toll in PaJK Protests Rises Above 87 as Two More Killed
-
At Least 37 Civilians Killed by Pakistani Security Forces in PaJK in Two Days